Friday, June 11, 2010

Connection Disaster...

Oh well, my plans were ruined yesterday... or shall I say yesternight but this is actually not a big disaster..

The story is, I have this Broadband USB plug-it (very much popular nowadays) and I am a prepaid subscriber for Internet. This is helpful for people like us who are having a tight budget and do not want the stress and pressure of 'monthly bills.' Anyway, so yesterday I am so very excited to update my blog but I was still on the way home so I will not be able to log on and my account balance is not enough to register for an unlimited browsing. The moment I arrive to the terminal just a few kilometers away from home I am so happy to buy electronic load credits worth 50 pesos, just enough to avail the unlimited service.

I forgot my broadband mobile number so I requested to have it credited on my mobile phone number instead. My brain said, "you can just transfer the load to your broadband account as soon as you got home.. not a bad idea, eh." That is so right, I can use the share-a-load service to transfer the credits from my phone to my broadband. Great!

Here comes the scenario. Excited!! I had a text for the load transfer service and much to my dismay, no confirmation came after. I checked my balance every now and then and they charged me a peso. I waited for a couple of minutes, still no confirmation... woooo. Okay, enough of waiting, I decided to prepare my sleeping-mat, arranged my pillows, lie down and sleep. This midnight, I was awakened by a phone vibration. A text message was there saying that the service was temporarily down, something to that effect. Well, what can I do.. such a disadvantage for prepaid subscribers like me.

Anyhow, that's it for now, just for a blog update XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails