Sunday, June 27, 2010

Strawberry fancies and more: "Escapade to Baguio part 3"

This is the most exciting part of my visit to Baguio City. I had a chance to visit the strawberry farm in La Trinidad. Strawberries are very much popular in the city and most of the visitors will have a chance to pick the ripe ones straight from the plant.



I was quite not that lucky because strawberries are not in season today. Well, few of them were sprouting. Strawberries are shy during rainy season. I got a few close-ups of some red pretty strawberries.


It is really no doubt that strawberry is very popular in Baguio. You may be able to see different delicacies in strawberry flavors or some with touches of strawberry, like this taho. This is a superb Filipino delicacy made with soya, this time with a twist of real strawberry and flavored syrup.


Moving on after these tickling strawberries, I also had a chance to visit the Bell Church. This place is very much similar to Chinatown in Manila. Here are some pictures of it.


The most solemn part of the day is having a visit at the Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes. I also had a chance to visit the Good Shepherd House. Both are perfect place for silent moments and personal reflections.


This wonderful escapade is really unforgettable. It really made myself relaxed and enjoy the moment of it.



Somehow as I finally got home, my mind still sees this beautiful environment, cool breeze and nice places. Truly, I will still plan to go back and experience it over and over again. And now I see my way home at the expressway wondering when to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails