Thursday, June 24, 2010

Manila Day: "Escapade to Baguio"

June 24 is declared as a non-working holiday in celebration of the 439th Araw ng Maynila (Manila Day). With much anticipation of a vacation, me and my fellows decided to make the most out of it for a holiday. And we decided to travel all the way to Baguio - the country's summer capital!

Quite awkward, isn't it, that it's already rainy season? But this is really so much fun. We will stay at the coldest part of the Philippines for four days so you can read most of my entries about it on the following days to come. So in the mean time, let me share you my first day here in Baguio City.

The following photos were shot at the orchidarium. I was never fascinated with flowers until I saw different kinds of it in rows and columns, with different colors and sizes. Totally, the place will enchant your eyes and overflow your sight with beautiful hues.

This is the herbal plants section. Not so colorful in pictures but I'm so happy to learn how they magically cure simple illnesses that commercial drugs also do. Below are samples of the flowers you will find in the orchidarium.



It's the frog actually, not the plant.. Well, anyway, we got some solemn moment there coinciding with the heavy rains of the city. I had the chance to climb the 100steps stairway to the Baguio Cathedral of the Our Lady of Atonement and the experience is quite rewarding. This is my first time visiting the church in my second time of travel to Baguio.


This is the most fun of the activities we did today. We enjoyed the boat riding at the Burnham Park. It is my first time to row a swan-boat with three passengers. I was so thankful that i drove the boat smoothly.

A lone branch of a tree. Actually, no significant event that I can associate it with. Just to end this post, expect more to come in the succeeding entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails