Thursday, July 8, 2010

Another food for thought

After the traffic battles I experienced a couple of days ago, I realized that I was really not alone experiencing the static traffic in the metro. Even the president himself was a victim of this unexpected situation. I posted here my road experience last Friday and was surprised of the news later saying that the president being late in his appointment on that day. Last Wednesday is another traffic extravaganza (what shall I expect) and knowing later again in a news bulletin that our beloved president was late in the mass officiated on that day for the new appointees. Now is the time to further implement again our road rules and create possibilities to ease this non-moving scenario on the road. Do you think it is now quite alarming that traffic causes all Filipinos to be late, even our respected head of state and highest official?


Enough has been said, so moving on, I was walking one day along EDSA (well, on the sidewalk) because I was literally afraid to be stuck again in traffic. As my feet moved patiently towards my destination, I happened to drop by in this food store. Much as into food fascination, I eagerly tried to eat in this karinderia-like-fast food chain. The eatery is a wow, and it is called Manong Pepe.


The karinderia is a Jollibee Foods Corporation subsidiary making it reliable when it comes to food service.The best thing of all, the menu is very cheap. Their rainy season menu (lugaw, sotanghon, tokwa't baboy) unbelievably starts at P15. Their breakfast menu starts at P25 that includes rice. There are also choices for lunch and dinner. Manong Pepe is located along EDSA in Cubao and plans to open other branches in Metro Manila.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails