Friday, July 2, 2010

Jam-packed traffic

Cars, buses, jeepneys, tricycles... they are all everywhere. As much as I wanted to be early today, I failed to do so because of the one so-called reason, TRAFFIC!

In a small road, you will never imagine how thousands of vehicles were able to fit in, and all in different kinds and sizes. Rush hour starts 7am in our province, where almost half of the population are going to school, work, or just merely traveling from one barangay to another or even leap from one region to another. In my case, I travel from Central Luzon to the National Capital Region (my brain is spreading and overwhelmed with these words) and I approximate my travel time to almost an hour with a continuous ride on a bus.Much to my dismay, it did not work! That was almost three hours spending my time sitting and waiting to arrive in my destination.

It was a Friday morning yet all roads were filled in. How come! Usually, Mondays were expected to be jam-packed as everyone who spent their weekends in the province will rush their way to Manila.But today was a different scenario.

I remember listening to the radio one time, and this announcer was blaming all passenger vehicles as he say were causing the heavy traffic in the Metro. Drivers who just overtake other co-drivers who happened to be so slow on the road; or perhaps blaming drivers that are not on the right lanes just like in EDSA where yellow lanes are intended for yellow-plated vehicles or the passenger buses and the like.


What I noticed today is different. There are few passenger-type vehicles running on the road, merely because it's Friday and there are few passengers waiting for their services. To my surprise is the volume of private vehicles "crawling" on the road with only one load, the driver.

Imagine one car occupying almost five-square foot of the road, that is much of a space. Those critiques are always blaming the public rides and do not see how private vehicles contribute enough to make the traffic jam-packed. This is despite of all car plates are now color-coded which are not allowing them to travel on the road on specific days corresponding their last plate number.

Somehow, I can not paste any possible solution here and I leave it up to the government who tried their very best to ease the packed road. But I think further regulations must be addressed for non-car owners who suffer on the road or perhaps lessen the volumes on national roads or maybe provide alternate routes for private vehicles. I don't know. Maybe.

Hoping for a nice flowing road everyday! and please... no traffic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails