Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I got hit by Toy Story 3


I really could not believe that Toy Story 3 made me cry. It was quite unusual for a cartoon to strike me back, but with this one, I suddenly became a crybaby and somehow, made me think of the realities that all of us are going through. And no matter how hard and difficult times may be, we can't help but simply just move on. A very sad situation that we must accept at least.

The story revolves around cowboy toy Woody and his relationship with his owner Andy who is on his teenage years, growing up and moving to college. And believe it or not, old toys are neglected once childhood days are gone. This is Woody's mission, to let his co-toys believe that Andy will never abandon them no matter what. But towards the end, it was Woody who gave in and faced the consequence that Andy really was a grown-up and should continue his new life as a teenager. There are lots of funny moments in the movie, but it never failed to reiterate that every "separation" tends to be heart breaking.

You will see how Andy was having a hard time giving up his beloved toys to their new owner Bonnie, especially Woody which is his very favorite. Much to my surprise, the movie leap to the boundaries and showed a different flavor of the story. Instead of making Andy and Woody together, as much as I expect too, they were separated and part their ways. It showed the concept of letting go and moving on, in reality. That there are things that may pass, may come, may go, and you can never turn back. The movie really broke my heart.

I appreciate how the third installment of Toy Story is presented. Knowing that it is their last movie on how funny, adventurous, and extravagant the toy's life are, there is also a realization that when something ends, another begins. It may not as funny, adventurous and extravagant than before but the key still is to let go.

Toy Story 3, I might say, is a painful movie. Painful yet heartwarming with full of life lessons that we can cherish for the rest of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails