Friday, July 16, 2010

Rediscovering stupidity

Coinciding with typhoon last Wednesday, I felt the shaking of my nerves looking forward for the electricity to come back. The main reason of course is to log on and check the status of everything that I need to check. The situation is not helping but good thing about it is, my alive cellphone battery - making me exercise my radio station-hopping abilities.

I suddenly got bored, thought of registering to the unlimited texting service of Globe so I could text non-sense things to everyone with the same network. Yay! One group message coming right up... "message sending failed" ...no enough prepaid credits left in the account. Argh! Stupidity #1.


Power was brought back around midnight. With much excitement, I grabbed the internet USB plug-it. The connection is really damn slow, a little bit disappointing, I tried to surf and found myself looking at the SMARTbro website page with a link to update the plug-it. I downloaded and run the program... but failed. Hmm, what went wrong? I opened the attached word file and became shocked with the instruction saying: "Warning: never close the tool when download procedure is running, such operations maybe seriously damage the card permanently!" Damn! Stupidity #2.


The plug-it is not working anymore, I mean, the auto-run is not auto-running (I know, redundancy..fine!) so I tried to launch the program update again but it was not responding anymore. Good thing, SMART has online customer care via twitter. And they were very patient in sending DMs to me to address my situation. In the end, I figured out that I must remove the USIM card before running the update. Lesson learned: read instructions carefully. Whew! Stupidity #3.


Special thanks to the SMART customer care representative who managed to tweet me for a couple of hours trying to figure out my problem and for the constant follow-up they are doing to make sure my concern is properly addressed. Happy ending: I run the update program again, this time USIM was removed and I patiently waited for the program to finish its business. My USB broadband plug-it is now up and running..again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails